Spiritual Warfare – A term we hardly used when back in our passport country. A term reserved for…others. Although we’re still learning, we can’t but help to be alert to the constant spiritual warfare that’s going on around all of us.
Perhaps when everything coincidently is going wrong or perhaps your ministry is growing and is fruitful but then troubles starts brewing out of nowhere…We’re not always certain how to discern what exactly is a result of spiritual warfare but we know we need to be alert, put on the full armor of God, and to pray.
The next few blog posts will focus on different areas of needs of prayer.
Prayers for Our Pastors
Our national partners, like all people in public ministry, are under incredible amounts of stress and face many challenges. All of our pastors are bi-vocational pastors, juggling between raising a church plant with all its joys and struggles and making ends meet, in a developing country. Not to mention, all the usual that we all face – health battles, dealing with gossip and disunity, striving to forgive, discouragement and loneliness, fighting against temptations of money and pride.
For the sake of privacy and security, we will not post pics or share names of everyone but we ask you to intercede along with us for our national partners who we work with and serve alongside in Cambodia, Myanmar, and Vietnam.
This post will focus on one of our church plants, Khmer Christian Church (KCC), which had its first service on January 1, 2012, and where our family worships every week.
MEET KCC’s PASTORS:
Sam Ath (Lead Pastor) & Vina
Vanthet (“Thet”, Associate Pastor) & Marady
(recently just gave birth to their third child!)
Vanna (Associate Pastor) & Vannary
PLEASE PRAY for The Pastors:
- Relationships between pastors that they would mutually submit to each other and be an example of servant leaders to the congregation.
- They would receive encouragement through times of trials and difficulties and continue to trust in God and his leading.
- They would trust in God during times of financial instability, knowing that God will meet all their needs.
- Generally, please pray for continual wisdom and humility as men called to shepherd God’s people and build God’s church in Cambodia. Pray for their health.
PLEASE PRAY for the CHURCH:
- The church would bear the fruit of the Spirit, bearing the Light in the midst of darkness, in the midst of challenges.
- The members of the church would grow in their knowledge, faith and love for their Lord Jesus and for one another.
- The members would remember their first Love, be faithful and committed, and know their Shepherd’s voice.